Rhythm Kids, Level 1 is a wonderful and exciting new class added to the Musical Folk curriculum. It is bursting with fun and playful eduction and will bridge the gap for children from our Mixed-age classes to get them ready for formalized instrument lessons when they are a little older. Some children start instruments around 6 years old.
This class is geared for children 4 to 6 years old. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids, Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative. In each class, students will:
- Learn multicultural drumming patterns
- Develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
- Explore movement and dance while singing songs
- Play games based on music and drumming
- Have fun with a host of rhythm activities
- Get ready for formalized instrument lessons
Rhythm Kids, Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight. From this class, children will make a much easier transition to fomal instrument lessons, such as the Ukulele.
Drums will be provided during class.