¡Queremos darles la bienvenida a Canta y Baila Conmigo!
Designed for beginning Spanish speakers and native speakers alike, these playful, interactive classes naturally and organically integrate language learning with music learning. The idea is to help your child learn Spanish through immersion in both music and language.
Like our Music Together® Mixed-Age classes, Canta y Baila Conmigo classes are for children from birth through age 5, along with their grownups. Also like Mixed-Age classes, they’re informal and fun, and all families receive a beautiful, professional recording and illustrated songbook. In addition to the Spanish songbook, you’ll get an English language supplement that includes song translations, vocabulary, and grammar tips for those who are learning the language.
This is a bonus class to all of our Music Together® Collections and great for for famlies who have taken all our music collections and or would like to experience a spanish music class with tons of funa and motivating Spanish immersion & cultural experience. It will offer:
- A solid foundation for early music development
- Informal instruction in a supportive, joyful setting
- Beautifully recorded music collections carefully selected to represent the wide variety of spanish musical traditions and genres
- An illustrated Spanish-language family songbook including music notation, lyrics and informatoin about the origins of the songs
- Class activities that promote cognitive, language, motor, and social skills
- Exposure through music to the cultures and traditions of Spanish-speaking countries
- English Language supplement with song translations, vocabulary and grammar points for families learning Spanish
Every semester features a new Canta y Baila Conmigo collection of folk classics, familiar children's songs, and new adaptations of traditional songs and rhymes. The music is authentic! The repertoire has been carefully chosen to represent a wide variety of Spanish-speaking regions and cultures, including Andean, Mexican, Afro-Hispano, Caribbean, Castilian, Argentine, and more.